[We think there's no better holiday gift than a good book. But sometimes you want to kick it up a notch, so we've put together a few fun gift lists based around some of our favorite books and authors.]
If you like Pippi Longstocking as much as we do, you'll love this roundup of this roundup of gifts celebrating Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Mackrelmint Ephraim's Daughter Longstocking, Thing-Finder extraordinaire, the strongest girl in the world, and all-around super-fun neighbor. (These are ready-to-buy, but they'd be great bases for DIY projects, too.)
- The essential Pippi Longstocking book gets a gorgeous makeover with whimsical illustrations by Lauren Child.
- Prefer the classics? You can still snag a hardcover version of the three-books-in-one volume The Adventures of Pippi Longstocking with illustrations by Michael Chesworth.
- You'll need your own traditional Plett Pan to make Swedish pancakes like Pippi.
- Wake up to adventure — or at least hot cocoa — with your very own Pippi mug.
- Bake a patch of Pippi themed cookies with cookie cutters shaped like Pippi, Mr. Nilsson, and Alfonso.
- Pippi played with pirates, so shouldn't you? Every Pippi fan needs her own soft pirate toy. (Just lift him right over your head if he starts misbehaving.)
- Mismatched socks and colorful tights are an essential addition to any Pippi fan's wardrobe.
- Watch Pippi's antics in your living room with the Pippi Longstocking Movie Collection. There are modern adaptations, too, but this old-school Swedish movie series starring Inger Nilsson as Pippi is one of our favorites.
- Don't let a rainy day cramp your spirits. Carry your Pippi umbrella, and splash your way to a less-soggy adventure.
- Clean your floors Pippi-style with slippers with built-in scrubbers. (Warning: Your floors may never be dirty again.)
- Now that I have seen this fantastic Villa Villekulla dollhouse, I'm not sure how I ever lived without it. (There's also a toy Hoppetossa boat — the ship that Pippi's dad captains.)
- Dine in style with illustrated, wipe-clean Pippi placemats.
- Thing-finding is much easier when you have your own very charming magnifying glass.
- This fantastically detailed laser-cut Pippi Longstocking shadow puppet is elegant and adorable.
- Waldorf style meets Scandanavian charm in a needle-felted Pippi wreath.
- The ultimate gift for a Pippi fan: A trip to Astrid Lindgren's World in Vimmerby, Sweden, a theme park devoted to Pippi, Emil, Ronjia, and other characters created by Lindgren.
This gift guide was originally published in Atlanta Homeschool magazine.
A Note About Affiliate Links on HSL: Some product links in home | school | life are affiliate links, which pay a small percentage of sales to the magazine. We use these funds for web hosting, photo purchasing, paying freelance writers, and other business expenses. We only recommend products we have personally used and found helpful. Read more about how we choose and use affiliate links here