We’re busy wrapping up the fall issue of home/school/life—look for it to be out next week!—but here’s a little roundup of what else we’re doing with our lives lately.
around the web
- Well, obviously Hermione Granger is much more than just a sidekick.
- I’m in love with Michael Chabon’s essay about Fashion Week, his son, and being yourself. (I cried.)
- Children’s literature classics on the map. Does’t this just make you want to take a road trip?
at home | school | life
- on the blog: I always love Shelli’s citizen science adventures.
- one year ago: Rebecca reviewed History Odyssey for the HSL blog.
- two years ago: I love this post from Idzie: How to talk about homeschooling so that people will listen
- in the magazine: We’re getting some great nominations for our best cities for homeschoolers list. It’s so fun to read about other people’s favorite places.
- on my night table: Food 52: A New Way to Dinner (seriously, my favorite new cookbook since Plenty), Lab Girl
- on my 14-year-old’s night table: The Scarlet Letter, The Arm of the Starfish
- on my 9-year-old’s night table: Viking Ships at Sunrise