around the web
- I might have found the perfect holiday present for all my friends.
- I loved this little piece of fan fiction: Ginny Weasley is not impressed.
- I would be so happy to see schools move beyond grades to different kinds of assessments.
- I really love this idea. #safetypin
- on the blog: Shelli’s latest citizen science project looks so fun!
- one year ago: There’s still time to make these DIY gifts for the holidays.
- two years ago: Raising children who love to write
- Recently reviewed: The Secret Keepers, The Secret of Goldenrod
- Suzanne and I read To Kill a Mockingbird for this week’s podcast, and I am once again glad that I have avoided Go Set a Watchman.
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.” Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Strength to Love has been my friend this week.
- My son and I are reading Ramadan Moon together. I want to include more diversity in our reading list, and this one’s a great introduction to Ramadan.
- We’ve been playing a lot of Presidents in the weeks leading up to the election.
- Are you watching The Crown? I’m just trying to finish up the new season of Black Mirror first, but it’s so intense, I can really only manage to watch one every couple of days.
- The Thanksgiving prep has officially begun! We made thyme butter for the turkey (this is the turkey recipe I make every year) and cinnamon honey butter for the sweet potatoes this week.
AMY SHARONY is the founder and editor-in-chief of home | school | life magazine. She's a pretty nice person until someone starts pluralizing things with apostrophes, but then all bets are off.
A Note About Affiliate Links on HSL: Some product links in home | school | life are affiliate links, which pay a small percentage of sales to the magazine. We use these funds for web hosting, photo purchasing, paying freelance writers, and other business expenses. We only recommend products we have personally used and found helpful. Read more about how we choose and use affiliate links here.