We’re busy wrapping up the fall issue of home/school/life—look for it to be out next week!—but here’s a little roundup of what else we’re doing with our lives lately.
around the web
- Well, obviously Hermione Granger is much more than just a sidekick.
- I’m in love with Michael Chabon’s essay about Fashion Week, his son, and being yourself. (I cried.)
- Children’s literature classics on the map. Does’t this just make you want to take a road trip?
at home | school | life
- on the blog: I always love Shelli’s citizen science adventures.
- one year ago: Rebecca reviewed History Odyssey for the HSL blog.
- two years ago: I love this post from Idzie: How to talk about homeschooling so that people will listen
- in the magazine: We’re getting some great nominations for our best cities for homeschoolers list. It’s so fun to read about other people’s favorite places.
- on my night table: Food 52: A New Way to Dinner (seriously, my favorite new cookbook since Plenty), Lab Girl
- on my 14-year-old’s night table: The Scarlet Letter, The Arm of the Starfish
- on my 9-year-old’s night table: Viking Ships at Sunrise
A Note About Affiliate Links on HSL: Some product links in home | school | life are affiliate links, which pay a small percentage of sales to the magazine. We use these funds for web hosting, photo purchasing, paying freelance writers, and other business expenses. We only recommend products we have personally used and found helpful. Read more about how we choose and use affiliate links here.