Fall is here! We’re trying to make the most of every minute in this gorgeous October weather.
around the web
- Finally, an answer to that question that plagues us all: What is the deal with women’s clothes having no pockets?
- So I will probably read Ian McEwan’s new book anyway (c’mon, who could resist a Hamlet riff narrated by a fetus?), but this live tweet of the actual experience of reading Nutshell made me so happy.
- This is something I find myself talking about all the time: Can you read a book the wrong way?
- I mean, any excuse to rewatch the dip-in-the-lake scene from Pride and Prejudice, no?
- on the blog: I doubt anyone will be even a little surprised that Carrie has me at Harry Potter—but her thoughts on mentoring really resonate for me when it comes to the kind of high school experience I want for my daughter.
- one year ago: I really love this piece from Tracy on staying connected as your kids move into the more independent teen years.
- two years ago: Shelli muses on how homeschooling has inspired her to go after her own goals.
- on my night table: I am embarrassed to post this since technically my night table should be in boxes right now, but a girl’s gotta read, right? I’ve shrunk my pile to two: Lab Girl and A Tangled Web.
- on my 14-year-old’s night table: She’s got her Kindle because she actually packed up all her books. (She says she’s rereading Roald Dahl.)
- on my 9-year-old’s night table: The Children of Noisy Village