This has definitely been one of those weeks where I feel like I’ve barely had a chance to come up for air! It’s been the good kind of busy but the busy kind of busy, if you know what I mean.
around the web
- “Part of the reason people can’t seem to look up from their phones is that we’ve convinced ourselves we’re multitasking, rather than failing to focus (like the way I toggle between various browser tabs and apps even as I write this).”
- Apparently being the crazy lady who walks around the neighborhood muttering article transitions to herself is good for something!
- Relevant to our interests: What was the most popular book the year you were born?
- Why the heroine’s journey doesn’t fit into the same mold as the hero’s journey.
- What a great idea! The Italian government is giving kids 500 Euros for their 18th birthdays to spend on books, concerts, museums, and other cultural enhancements.
at home | school | life
- on the blog: Plant the seeds and see what happens. I love this post from Molly so much!
- in the magazine: Group subscriptions are open through the end of September. (It’s our best price for subscriptions!)
- one year ago: This piece from Shelli about making peace with the inevitable mess of homeschooling still rings true for me.
- on my night table: Magazine proofs! This week has been crazy, but I’m squeezing in a little Gaudy Night comfort reading here and there.
- on my 14-year-old’s night table: The Unbelievable FIB: Over the Underworld
- on my 9-year-old’s night table: Henry and Ribsy