around the web
- I might have found the perfect holiday present for all my friends.
- I loved this little piece of fan fiction: Ginny Weasley is not impressed.
- I would be so happy to see schools move beyond grades to different kinds of assessments.
- I really love this idea. #safetypin
- on the blog: Shelli’s latest citizen science project looks so fun!
- one year ago: There’s still time to make these DIY gifts for the holidays.
- two years ago: Raising children who love to write
- Recently reviewed: The Secret Keepers, The Secret of Goldenrod
- Suzanne and I read To Kill a Mockingbird for this week’s podcast, and I am once again glad that I have avoided Go Set a Watchman.
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.” Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Strength to Love has been my friend this week.
- My son and I are reading Ramadan Moon together. I want to include more diversity in our reading list, and this one’s a great introduction to Ramadan.
- We’ve been playing a lot of Presidents in the weeks leading up to the election.
- Are you watching The Crown? I’m just trying to finish up the new season of Black Mirror first, but it’s so intense, I can really only manage to watch one every couple of days.
- The Thanksgiving prep has officially begun! We made thyme butter for the turkey (this is the turkey recipe I make every year) and cinnamon honey butter for the sweet potatoes this week.